Inside Sales Lead
Verica is seeking a high-energy, consultative sales professional to join our sales team as an Inside Sales Lead. The Inside Sales Lead will be responsible for responding to and qualifying inbound web and social inquiries about Verica solutions and converting interest into sales opportunities. You will work with Verica clients at all levels, industries, and geographies while being a critical team member on an innovative and iterative sales team. Verica helps companies make systems more secure and less vulnerable to costly incidents with three innovative solutions:
- ProwlerPro is the leading Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) solution for AWS and is built on a vibrant Open Source community.
- Verica’s Continuous Verification Platform (CVP) provides out-of-the-box verifications that proactively uncover system weaknesses and security flaws before they disrupt business outcomes.
- The Verica Open Incident Database (VOID) and VOID Advisory Network help companies build resilience engineering and Learning from Incident (LFI) capabilities.
Verica is a company that values our people as much as it values resilient software, demonstrated by 100 percent health insurance premium coverage, mandatory minimum PTO, and a fully remote team.
- Effectively execute Verica’s sales development process.
- Respond to and qualify inbound web and social inquiries.
- Organize incoming lead flow to effectively target the highest potential prospects and customers
- Augment automated email sequences with high-value, prospect-specific email and social sequences that help to validate solution value propositions
- Schedule introductory and follow on sales calls.
- Conduct introductory sales calls that make a great first impression, capture the prospect’s business needs, qualify the opportunity, and set clear next steps.
- Actively manage open opportunities with timely and proactive communication that reinforces the value proposition and supports the buyer journey.
- Collaborate with the team to deliver consistent, incremental improvements to the sales and marketing process, programs, and campaigns.
- Play an active role in building our sales and marketing engine (tools, communication templates, etc.) by synthesizing feedback from sales activities and participating in our interactive development process.
- Promote psychological safety:
- Maintain an inclusive environment
- Call out anti-inclusive behavior so it can be corrected
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities which result in closed business
Work Hours & Benefits:
This is a full-time, salaried position. Verica is fully remote and distributed, spanning all U.S. time zones and several in E.U. This necessitates individuals taking responsibility for their working hours and broadcasting availability to colleagues. It also requires candidates for this position to have a suitable home office location for conducting prospect and client sales calls.
Verica values our employee’s health and well-being by covering all medical, vision, and dental healthcare premiums for U.S. employees and their dependents, with healthcare stipends for citizens of other countries. Mandatory minimum PTO (shoot for ~6 weeks; anything less than 4 weeks/year is unacceptable), workstation/home office stipend, parental leave, and stock options are some of our other benefits.
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-4 years of corporate work experience, with enterprise software and/or technology sales experience a plus.
- Proven ability to learn new markets, articulate value propositions for complex solutions, and effectively engage with technical leaders.
- Experience with CRM and Marketing Automation tools like Copper, Salesforce, Pardot, etc. Experience in configuring and programming these systems a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Strong desire to continually improve your sales skills through on-the-job coaching and self-learning.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
How will you know you are successful in this role?
- Direct teammates consider you to be a professional and skilled asset to the team. [Peer feedback is the most effective signal we have for individual contributor performance]
- We can ask you how your work contributes to the company’s vision, and it’s clear that your current work is the highest priority work you could be doing toward that vision
- You contribute directly and incontrovertibly to the success of Verica’s go-to-market strategy with improved performance across key metrics and qualitative customer and market insights that help improve the sales and marketing process and the quality of Verica’s solutions.
- Introduction Call: If you are interested, we would love to meet you, and one of our founders or executives will invite you to chat over a call. (30 minutes)
- Sales Screen: You will be invited to a call with our sales and marketing leaders to talk about your experience and the challenges you have faced as a professional. (45 minutes)
- Cultural Interview: We have a generative, diversity-focused culture that highly prioritizes context over control. Not everyone prefers this type of environment, and this interview ensures that you are comfortable with the freedoms and responsibilities we expect of our colleagues; and that you can thrive here. (1 hour)
- Team Interviews: Finally, we will invite you to chat with 3-4 members of the Verica team across multiple functions including sales, marketing, technical support and engineering. (2-3 hours)