Customer Success Engineer at Verica
Verica is hiring Customer Success Engineers (CSE) to deliver stellar service to our customers. The CSE communicates effectively with our customers through subject matter expertise, championing our product and how it helps customers understand and improve their complex systems. It will be your mission to understand customers’ needs, and to remove obstacles preventing them from capitalizing on the value that Verica offers.
You have the unique opportunity to apply what you learn first-hand from customers to influence and shape our product roadmap and strategy, and to create best practices as we continue to grow our company and culture. This role is for engineers who find working alongside customers to be rewarding while also building technical solutions.
- Partner with customers and Engineering to resolve issues during and after implementation
- Debug issues at various levels across the product
- Build tools and automation for deployment processes
- Actively contribute to the code base to enhance the product
- Scope efforts around deployments and new integrations
- Be an expert in Verica’s product offering, notably the ability to explain the value of Continuous Verification
- Create and deliver product training and customer-facing documentation
- Inform customers regarding common infrastructure practices
- Represent the voice of the customer to advocate for their needs around product development and problem resolution
- Engineering experience with demonstrated proficiency in two or more of the following languages: Go, React, Node.JS, Typescript
- Talented in communicating complex ideas and concepts in a simple and concise manner
- Proven track record of providing delightful customer support experiences
- Working knowledge with infrastructure-as-code architecture and infrastructure automation
Nice To Have:
- Experience in/knowledge of Chaos Engineering, safety engineering, resilience engineering
- Experience with designing and maintaining large distributed systems including concepts like consensus, advisory locking, fault recovery, fail-stop vs fail-slow, infrastructure automation
- Experience with load testing, scalability regression testing, and/or performance engineering
- Experience writing and delivering on premise software, especially to enterprise clients
How do we know when this person is successful?
- Customer feedback about this person is glowing.
- Direct teammates consider this person to be a professional and skilled asset to the team. (Peer feedback is the most effective signal we have for individual contributor performance.)
- We can pull this person aside at any time and ask them how their work contributes to the C-level’s vision, and it is clear that their current work is the highest priority in that narrative.
- This person contributes directly and incontrovertibly to the success of Verica in the market.
- We have a clear, up-to-date understanding of customer issues and expectations.